Thursday 5 January 2017

My Favourite Books of 2016

As we're well and truly into 2017, it's time to once again reflect on my favourite books of the year. Whilst 2016 was a mediocre reading year for me, there were of course a few books that blew my mind that I definitely think you should check out.

Check them out in my latest video!

https://youtu.be/egBufBg41xw

3. Cherry by Lindsey Rosin
A wonderful little YA book exploring a group of four girls as they learn about sex and relationships through a pact to lose their virginity before finishing high school, this book breaks taboos and the truth about what teenagers think and go through when discovering theirselves and sexuality.

2. The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
The sequel to one of my favourite books from last year, Salisbury draws you back into her mystical world with a whole new cast of characters to get to know. If you're anything like me you will find your new love interest in Silas and your world will come crumbling down as you discover what's happened to your favourite characters from The Sin Eater'a Daughter.

1. Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal? By Jeanette Winterson 
I never thought a nonfiction book would be my favourite book of the year. Just like 2015, another Winterson book makes it to the top of my list. Clearly something in this woman's writing just clicks with me. This memoir explores the truth behind her semi-autobiographical novel Oranges are not the Only Fruit and is truly intriguing!

Let me know your favourite books of 2016 below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment