Sunday 1 January 2017

My 2017 Goals and Challenges

It is 23.50 on Saturday 31st December, 2016. I am sat on the sofa, listening to Elvis on the record player and sitting next to my favourite person in a Pikachu onesie. Fraser is in a Chewbacca onesie. I may only be 22 and you may think that I'd rather be out celebrating the new year in a club, but this is perfect. Soon, the clock with sound midnight and we'll be into 2017. We've made it through the whole of 2016 together and things are better than ever.


*

The time is 17.42 on Sunday 1st January, 2017. The new year is well and truly upon us. For the past few hours we have been cleaning, making sure our home is ready for the new year and all the exciting things we're going to throw at it. Unfortunately, this cleaning job also means taking down all the Christmas decorations until the new year. 


During cleaning is the perfect time to reflect on the past. The previous year had been fantastic. I graduated university, Fraser and I got a flat together, I found a job that I adore. All these things have made 2016 a really successful year for me. I feel like an adult now, and whilst that's terrifying, I'm also loving the independence. I can eat whatever I want, do whatever I want and go to bed whenever I want. There were tragedies in the year of course; celebrity deaths, the breakdown of friendships and I also suffered an injury. Despite this, the year was one I truly embrace.


Now as it's the 1st day of the new year, I have set about compiling some goals for the coming months. I don't really stick to resolutions such as diets and cutting out certain things, but goals that last the whole year are definitely something I'm all for.



This years I've focused mainly on my youtube channel and my reading, two of my biggest passions of late. I definitely want to make this year an even better year for them. My youtube has been rather stagnated the last couple of years and I want to work on that. I need to make the most of my spare time by making videos I enjoy making, reading books that teach me something and overall being a more creative and thoughtful person.


In my latest video, I discuss all this and more. 




I really do love the new year. It sounds cliche but it really does give me a fresh start on so many things. I'm not someone who's all about 'new year, new me', I'm more somebody who marks the year in milestones. Thats why I love to set a reading goal. That's why I like to push myself to do something new every year. This year, I want to read more than I've ever read before. I want to write a book and edit it, I want to create exciting things. And I'm so glad to have you all on this journey with me.



Do you have any goals set for 2017? Let me know in the comments!



0 comments:

Post a Comment